Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ren Faire

My family and I went to the Bristol Renaissance Faire on Sunday. The last time we were there was before Eugene and I got married; Alex has never been there. We had great weather and a good time. Unfortunately, the pictures I took on Eugene's camera are in the wrong format for posting, but here are a few shots from my cell phone.

 A fairy posing by some flowers. Fairies were everywhere.

Eugene helps Alex with the crossbow.











Eugene and Alex after fencing with each other. (Eugene won quite handily. There's a video on my Facebook page.)










EDITED TO ADD: By request, here's a picture of me with someone else in costume.


In addition to all of this, we watched jousting, falconry, and a fire-whip show; tried archery; examined armor; and just enjoyed the atmosphere. I wore my queen costume and braided my hair and got some compliments on them. 

Have you ever been to a Ren Faire? What period of history would you like to see recreated?

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you had a good time. Anyone get a photo of you? I've been to a Renaissance fair, but was many, many years ago.

Maria Zannini said...

I love Ren fairs but they can be very expensive.

The last one we went to had a medieval Japanese village. It was my favorite of all the villages. The costumes were amazing.

I want to see a photo of you in costume. :o)

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Alex and Maria, I added a photo of me. If I'm going to dress up, I may as well be a queen, right?

Andrew Leon said...

Man, I haven't been to a Ren Faire in, like, a dozen years. I think my oldest was about 5. Before the second one was born, at any rate. When I lived in LA, I used to go to the one around Dallas quite a bit.

Site Meter