Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Works in Progress Update

Here's a quick rundown of what I've been working on recently:

Twinned Universes--I'm still working on a major rewrite based on a developmental edit. There are several major players with conflicting goals at the climax of the story, along with a new character who needs to be integrated into the story. Lots of "If A does this, then B would react like that..." going on.

"Spring Rains"--a standalone fantasy short story. I finished getting feedback from crit partners on OWW; now I need some time to revise and figure out the cover.

"Totill and the Thresher" and a story with no working title yet--Both of these are intended to be novellas for an anthology about older women in speculative fiction. They're set in worlds I'm already familiar with but deal with minor characters from those worlds. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'll finish either story before the submission deadline, especially with my other projects, since even pre-plotting isn't helping me much with these stories. Maybe they're better off as short stories instead of novellas. However, I can always publish them on my own.

What are you working on, either writing-related or not? How's it coming? Do you ever feel you have so many projects you can't make progress on a single one?

2 comments:

Rusty Carl said...

They sound cool.

I'm working on a rewrite of a novella that is about to cross that magic line into novel territory, oops.

As well as reworking the plot of an epic fantasy I started last year but stopped when I realized I've got some structural issues.

I'm just glad I'm doing something.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Thanks, Rusty. Sometimes it does help to take a break from a project for a while. I hope your stories go well.

Site Meter