Friday, March 23, 2012

Science of the Week, 3/23/12

Here are some of the most interesting science news articles I read this week:

Duplicating People's Immune Systems in Personalized Mice

Exotic materials will change optics

Looking at quantum gravity in a mirror

Runaway Planets Zoom at a Fraction of Light-Speed (this setting begs for a SF story)

Self-Reflective Mind--In Animals

Program can predict spread of dementia

People with autism have a greater ability to process information

Super-Earth unlikely able to transfer life to other planets



Enjoy your weekend, and see you Monday!

2 comments:

Rusty Carl said...

Something about that Super Earths not transferring life to other planets is counter-intuitive to me. I don't trust that result.

I'll have to think on that for a while, maybe I'll have an epiphany or something.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

It's funny how science can often be counter-intuitive, Rusty. If I remember the article correctly, the reason the Super-Earth couldn't seed other planets with life had to do with the escape velocity. There might be ways for an SF writer to overcome that.

Site Meter